Re: Free wifi not working in bagatelle

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 15:26:50 +0400

Hello Nadim,

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Some routers when they lease an IP to a device (thr' DHCP), they lease it
> for 24 hours (default setting). Hence early in the morning, the first 254
> people (xxx.xxx.xxx.2 to xxx.xxx.xxx.255) can connect easily while others
> who shall come later during the day will have difficulty to get an IP
> (since all slots have been leased).
>
> The simple solution is to modify this parameter (via the admin of the
> router) and enable only 1 hour lease for an IP. After 30 minutes, the
> devices shall get a new IP in case they are still connected, or if they are
> gone, IP slots can be freed.

​Thank you for the broader explanation.​

> Static IP is a solution IMHO, but not everyone will be able to do this and
> is not practical for the public.

​I didn't propose usage of static IP for hotspots. I only suggested it as a
workaround when your stuck somewhere getting no IP. I usually pick-up some
IP that way when I am at Bagatelle's Food Lover's Market Cafe, using Orange
WiFi or at Pizza Perfect.

Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun