Re: .mu issues

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 05:31:21 -0700

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I read the document about Grand Bay. It is an impressive piece of
work. I misunderstood what you said when you suggested writing a petition.

I'll explain the current state of the .mu discussions. The Mauritius
Internet Users agrees with the representative of the government, who
is from the Information and Communication Technologies Authority, on
most of what is being proposed for .mu. We do not have to convince
the government because of the following:

   "The Permanent Secretary expressed his concern about .mu. He commented that
    the re-delegation concerns all the internet users in Mauritius,
that it is a
    long journey and that he would like to consult everyone as this should not
    be government-driven."

If the government were to change its current policy, the Mauritius
Internet Users will have to reconsider its position on .mu.