Re: Notes of meeting with the .mu Select Committee

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:38:27 +0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Beach Samurai <beach.samurai_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> How does one come about having this licence? For all i know you might have
> an engineering degree and still be licenced with the amount of corruption in
> this country....

You have to pay to be an ISP:

https://www.icta.mu/telecommunications/licences.htm

So MIXP's board is made up only of ISP members. You cannot be a member
without having an ISP license.

In other countries, it is better: An institutional organization or a
non-profit one can also be part of an IXP board.