digital signature certificates in Mauritius

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 05:48:45 +0000

Hi All,

http://www.emudhra.mu/aboutus.html

While reading about emudhra, I came across the following:

eMudhra Consumer Services Limited (eMudhra), India, is the first
Certification Authority to get license from CCA, Mauritius to operate
in Mauritius for issuing digital signature certificates to citizens of
Mauritius.

However, reading below:

Our focus is to create IP based solutions and combine it with our
reach and back office capability to provide an end to end solution to
retail customers in areas such as online financial services,
centralization of information repository and enabling the Indian
consumers.

I'm troubled by this:

What happens if

1) Emudra India faces financial problems. Will emudra Mauritius still
continue to operate ?

2) There have been multiple advisories related to OpenSSL. Since many
of those services rely on OpenSSL, have they communicated publicly
regarding how they fix those vulnerabilities in their infrastructure ?

3) In the case of hearbleed, many providers advised their customers to
regenerate the certificates. I haven't any public communication from
Emudra regarding those issues.

4) If Emudra Mauritius operates under ICTA laws, will its operation be
impacted if the government of India decides to impose laws on Emudra
(main house) ? What will happen to the subsidiaries ?

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.