Re: Proposal of the new .mu framework - not-for-profit entity

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:09:38 +0000

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:21 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> At 12:59 27-03-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>>
>> Can someone gives a brief difference between a non-profit and a
>> co-operative society ?
>

> "Co-operatives are a business model that exists to serve its members,
> whether
> they are the customers, the employees, or the local community. The
> members
> are the owners, with an equal say in what the co-operative does."
>
> "A non-profit organization is a group organized for purposes other than
> generating profit and in which no part of the organization's income is
> distributed to its members."

Orange is a "co-operative" in practice, as the government as well as a
few private companies share the profits among themselves. However, the
focus is more about increase money for shareholders, rather than,
caring about investing to improve the services, and build a long-term
strategy.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.