Re: Renewal (or purchase) of .mu domain(s)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 07:30:30 +0000

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Benoit Gentil
<benoit_at_fodytechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hi SM,
>
> Thanks for the link. I have read the comments on the OVH forum where a
> customer complains that OVH has not informed him of the premium domain
> price. The reality is that OVH is not at fault here, they haven't been
> informed by the registry either. None of the .MU registrars have been
> informed of this and this is a major issue in the management of the .MU.

That definitely looks like arbitrary price fixing, along with lack of
communication with the registrars to make a smooth transition to a new
pricing scheme.

The end-customers do not experience it. It's only the people in the
"backend", that suffer greatly.

The management of .mu has a lot of issues. Also, I don't see a clear
long-term plan to make .mu attractive compared to a .com.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.