Re: .mu proposed model

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:03:39 +0000

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:38 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Ish, Logan,
> At 09:57 25-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>>
>> The cost breakdown was for .mu ccTLD operational purposes. The .mu Council
>> is more about policy making. Thus, taking into consideration the
>> participation of the ICT Ministry (through its nominated member), I think
>> the council should rather be Government funded.
>

> Having a government funded body changes the neutral status of the proposed
> body. After reading the above and the draft again I noticed that the draft
> does not propose having a neutral non-profit as the ccTLD manager.
>
> At the beginning of this month you commented that you would not agree to .mu
> being managed by a company similar to MCML. In the above you agreed to .mu
> being managed by the government.

Hi SM,

I think that we have to take into account that we have tried to

1) minimise the budget initially, and

2) Reduce operational expenditure to reach profitability as soon as possible.

If we start paying board members salaries, we will end up with a broke
organization, which will not evolve at all, anw will always be
struggling for funds.

What if the board member pass a resolution to increase their salaries,
what can we expect about the sustainability of the organization ?

Will we increase the price of the .mu domains to accomodate the
salaries of board members ?

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.