Re: National Conference

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:58:04 +0400

Hello JoKi,

> Hi Ish,
>
> On 23/03/2015 16:29, Ish Sookun wrote:
> > [Spending]
>
> I agree partially with you.
> Yes, it's money to spend in order to attend and you might be right about
> the organiser.

​If I had to pay tickets to attend an event by MSCC, LUGM, MIU or NCB, I
would have, because we somehow contribute to each others activities in this
ecosystem. However, I find it strange to see a group organizing an "IT"
conference and they didn't invite/sponsor tickets to existing groups. It's
not just about money. I didn't know about the existence of Train 2 Gain
previously but most of our events are publicly broadcasted namely through
social networks and neither have I ever seen them participating. I haven't
ever seen anyone from Train 2 Gain with a keen interest in the advancement
of IT in Mauritius.

Now that they are organizing a "National Conference" inviting Ministers, I
just find it dubious and it's like buttering Ministers to gain favours.
Does it really mean about the advancement of IT in Mru? Sorry, I might
sound harsh on this but I just don't digest these. I would have rather paid
to attend an event by Emtel/MT or other companies who're actively
contributing through CSR.​

> But, and that's the actual interesting aspect. It's going to be a great
> opportunity for networking and exchanging with people of different
> business sectors in Mauritius.

​I don't mind exchanging with people who are keen about the advancement of
IT in Mauritius.

However, I can't take one day leave from work and pay Rs 2,000 to attend
something called as a "National Conference" while user groups were not even
formally invited.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you