Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:29:12 +0400

> Same stand. We need employees who will need to explain themselves as
> to how a backdoor was found.

​I asked your stand as you being the developer hired to code a plugin which
ultimately turned out to be a backdoor. You took the example in a different
direction.​

So, what willbe your stand if you're the one who'd put a backdoor there?

> With a contractor, I cannot ask him to explain himself once the
> contract is over.

​You can sue a contractor for having put any piece of software outside what
was asked.​

> Sure, you can talk to SM about your ideas. However, at the end of the
> day, we *need* a project owner to finalise the design, drive it, and
> maintain it.

​You spent time writing almost a dozen of emails just to finally say I can
talk to SM about my ideas while the original question SM asked me was if I
would be willing to write a document for free and I expressed my terms.
Look back and see what you did.​

> Yes, we can approach SM to be an employee.

SM approached us for help to write a proposal. Instead of helping him
first, shaould we go on making a drama of who should run what and being
paid by whom? Is it really necessary at the moment.

> We need to put a structure in place to support that employee. There
> should be a non-profit organization to formalise and support the
> process.

​Damn. Buddy, you took this email back to weeks ago on something which was
already of the opinion of several people
. Do you recall SM's asking the question if anybody would object to gov.mu
being given for free to the Government?

Did you understand who was giving the gov.mu domain to the Government of
Mauritius?

> The question now is who will fund this organization.

​Wasn't this discussed already on the ML ;-)

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you
tweet?*​