Re: patriotic feelings or nationalisim?

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:32:25 +0000

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'll explain what Jochen wrote as I someone mentioned that he/she did not
> understand the message. The first comment in the message was that the
> discussion did not sound like a serious one and he did not know what people
> expected him to say in that discussion. The response (last part of the
> message) was to use local expertise first and then see whether any
> additional expertise is necessary.

I would use a different argument. The "Let's hire a foreign expert to
get this done" has been done before. It didn't work. If it had worked,
today, gov.mu wouldn't be mess.

Now, we all know that there is local expertise, and it *is* going forward.

I was talking to an SA guy, and he told me "Mauritians need to step up
and own their infrastructure.". He's totally right. Let's stop trying
approaches that don't bring results.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.