Re: Project owner for .mu

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:55:23 +0400

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> - designated member by the ISOC-MU"

​ISOC-MU worries me.

I find it hard to digest that we have a not-so-active Internet Society in
Mauritius. I've been pinging them several times and it's like head bang
against the wall. Now, having ISOC-MU to toss their views/opinion/help in
this forum, well, that would be just like having dummy representatives.
I've seen this culture in past activities (involving other groups & other
projects, not related to Internet stuffs) where in a room of 30 - 40 people
just 3 - 4 would push ideas.

​I wanted to see the calendar of activities of ISOC Mauritius, so I could
align LUGM activities and participate accordingly. Alas, ISOC-MU appears to
be a closed-knit group. I wonder how much Internet users can change through
the local chapter.

If the question is asked to how much the local chapter of Internet Society
represents the views of Internet users in Mauritius; I'd say "nada".

I think MIU is on better track. I have at least seen some people here
contributing in the advancement of an Internet culture in Mauritius;
whether directly through MIU activities or other channels.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you
tweet?*