Re: Project owner for .mu

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:50:10 +0000

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Ish,
> At 03:56 08-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>>
>> No. I would not.
>

> The following was proposed in June 2014. "The registrant representatives
> could be a combination of:
>
> - designated member by the Consumer Protection Agency,
>
> - designated member by the Minister of ICT
>
> - designated member by the MCCI
>
> - designated member by the Association of ISPs
>
> - designated member by the MITIA
>
> - designated member by the ISOC-MU"
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

I'm fairly cautious for a member of the government to be part of this committee.

Mauritius, has a history of internet censorship, which includes
blocking facebook.

I don't think that having from the ministry who could ask for some
domains to be blacklisted, is a good idea. Suppose someone hosts a
compromising audio recording on a domain, should we remove the domain
from our registry database ?

That would set a very bad example for the rest of the world.

As for ISOC-MU, I don't believe that they should be involved. I will
attempt to explain why:

ISOC-MU has little internet presence. No domain or dedicated website.
They appear to be still building their own structure. I do not believe
that they are ready for discussing DNS/Internet Registry matters.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.