Re: Project owner for .mu

From: chitz <chittra.03_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 15:56:50 +0400

Hi SM

sorry for responding late but I did not get time

i have some questions

1-"The government representative on the .mu select committee proposed
having a not-for-profit organisation as the project owner to act on behalf
of the local internet community."

will the committee be under government or independent?

2015 there will be committee assume the duration for holding .mu last for 5
years then if there is change in gov what happen will that committee still
stand or changes?

is it because gov has pay million to get .mu so they want it to be a not
for profit organisation?

if gov.mu was properly monitored we will not land in situations where it
costs millions.

2. "I would like to confirm that the Mauritius Internet Users will support
having "gov.mu" under the control of the government and at no cost to the
government."

it is a shame that in 2015 when most developing country are stepping ahead
in IT field, Mauritius is now thinking of committee that also for having
gov.mu under control of the government. in addition thinking about no cost.

3-As a security geek i feel Mauritius in regard to security is "very poor".

4. Even if .mu is under control of gov. does it end here itself?
    what the public benefit? what is our benefit?

regards
chitz