Re: Facebook post: Internet in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 02:43:39 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 09:38 04-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Following a petition on Avaaz.org[1] to bring Google Fibre to
>Mauritius, I put a status on Facebook. What followed was a whole
>debate about Internet in Mauritius. The post is

The expansion plans for Google Fibre does not list any cities outside
the United States ( https://fiber.google.com/newcities/ ).

 From
http://google-africa.blogspot.com/2013/11/launching-project-link-new-way-to-bring_20.html

   "an initiative to build a super-fast, high-capacity fiber network to enable
    any local mobile operator or Internet service provider (ISP) to connect
    more people in Kampala to a faster, more reliable Internet."

You and I have been discussing about 100 Mbps local access. There
hasn't been much interest from anyone else. Now, people are signing
an online petition to ask for something that Google does not plan to
do outside the United States. Do people in Mauritius believe that
the company is a charitable organization? :-)