Re: Hosting website

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:46:59 +0400

Hello Pramod,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Pramod Teewaree <prteewaree_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am considering of migrating to AWS. It is really worth the change?

​From a sysadmin's point of view, you get better control over your server
and definitely better bandwidth :-) (which is the most important). You can
adjust your own security settings, like when and how to ban rogue IP
addresses etc.​

> After the 12 months where can I find the subscription price?

​You will find details about AWS pricing here :
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/
However, if you're not comfy with AWS you could also opt for other VPS
service providers; DigitalOcean.com is a nice place to start (with per
second billing). They usually give out coupons for people to try their
mini-servers. Get your hands on one of those and migrate a copy of your
blog for a while, just to test the performance.

Cheers,

Ish Sookun

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*