RE: Bring Your Laptop event

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:18:48 -0800

Hi Rossan,
At 18:44 22-02-2015, Rossan Mousaffar wrote:
>I am interested but don't have a laptop poor me :(

I understand that a laptop is not affordable for everyone. It is
difficult to gain experience without any practical knowledge. It is
not possible to run a network experiment during an event when most of
the people do not have laptops. Some of the topics which have been
discussed on the mailing list are also difficult to understand as the
problem or its impact is not clear. As an example, I tried to test
Superfish [1] to learn more about the software. I was not able to
run the test due to a limitation. I would not have known about the
limitation if I did try the test.

1. http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish