Re: Multi-Stakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:41:56 -0800

Hello,

This is what I would like to propose for the .mu ccTLD:

     1. .mu should be hosted in Mauritius.

     2. .mu should be operated in a transparent manner.

     3. People in Mauritius should be able to decide what they want for .mu.

     4. .mu will contribute towards improving the internet in Mauritius if
        people agree to that.

Last year, there was a number of significant technical issues
affecting the operation of the .mu ccTLD. I would like to argue for
a re-delegation of the .mu ccTLD and to have a ccTLD which is run on
a non-profit basis. The current advertised price for a .mu domain
name is Rs 1890. It is possible to decrease the price significantly
so that it is affordable for more people in Mauritius.

The above is, in my humble opinion, doable with the support of .mu
registrars in Mauritius, Internet Service Providers in Mauritius and
people in Mauritius who are interested in .mu domain names.