Re: My comments to the ICTA Public Consultation

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 04:07:20 -0700

Hi Ajay,
At 03:19 AM 12-05-2021, Ajay R Ramjatan wrote:
>I have uploaded a publicly accessible copy of my comments sent to
>the ICTA earlier today on the "Consultation Paper on proposed
>amendments to the ICT Act for regulating the use and addressing the
>abuse and misuse of Social Media in Mauritius".

Thanks for sharing your comments on the consultation paper. I forgot
about the 2016 debate on the local radio. I agree that there will be
a problem affecting smart TVs if the current proposal is
implemented. It does not make sense to spend over MUR 50,000 on a
high-end TV when some of the "smart" features will no longer work in Mauritius.