Re: PSAP

From: CHITTESH SHAM <chittesh.sham_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:42:00 +0400

Hello SM,

Yes GNSS feature seems to be the most reliable and accurate systems so far,
all we need is GPS, google maps and text services. But if Mauritian
authorities are to accept this as the only solution and without having a
geolocalisation system of their own, they would be making a very bold
assumption that, everyone has a smartphone and more prominently everyone
knows how to use it properly for sending their location.

Mauritius being surrounded by the sea, if someone finds themselves lost at
sea, is GNSS the only solution for obtaining a location?

Sincerely,
C.Sham

--
 <http://www.uom.ac.mu/prospectivestudents>