Re: ISOC Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:59:50 +0400

Hi Aditya,

On 09/17/2017 08:24 PM, Aditya wrote:
> I looked up about ISOC and found out that there is an ISOC Mauritius
> Chapter. Is anyone member of ISOC or knows about the ISOC Mauritius
> Chapter?

I doubt that you could find anything useful about ISOC-MU online. A few
years ago, perhaps at the same time that I joined the MIU list, I also
joined the Internet Society. It was not straightforward to find
information regarding the local chapter and whom to contact. Finally,
after a few emails to-and-fro (ISOC), the secretary of the local chapter
accepted my membership. I also met another early member of the chapter
in 2014 and we discussed about the complications that arose because of
two conflicting chapters. I was keen to help but unfortunately things
didn't move forward.

Fast forward in 2017, the situation still remains the same. ISOC
Mauritius is a registered association but no more recognized as the
local chapter. The team that is recognized by the Internet Society is
the one that is chaired by Kris Seeburn [1]. I suggest you get in touch
with him if you'd like more information about the status of the ISOC
Mauritius Chapter.

[1] https://www.afrinic.net/services/756-kris-seeburn