Blockchain in Mauritius

From: CHITTESH SHAM <chittesh.sham_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:53:11 +0400

Dear Mr. Atma Narasiah,

Thank you for your follow up mail.

First of all, let me congratulate you on setting up a Regulatory Sandbox
License to encourage and attract blockchain innovators in Mauritius. I have
read some articles where you were featured in, [1] [2] and it is very
exciting that the Board of Investment Mauritius is showing interest in
technologies such as blockchain and cryptocurrency.

Being a local innovator in the field of A.I technology, It would be very
kind of you, if you could address some concerns regarding the impact &
implementation of such technology in Mauritius.

1. You've mentioned "We are working to take our economy to another level,
and these kinds of technologies are very important in our strategy," Is the
Mauritian economy willing to adopt these kinds of technologies?

2. RSL has been implemented as an incentive to attract innovators, what are
the frameworks/strategies that are already set up or (would be in the
future) to encourage local innovators and companies to look into these
technologies.

3. How can Mauritians benefit from those? especially concerning
crypto-currency, is there a reluctance from local banks to adopt such
technologies?

Hope that you could clarify these points, Thanks you for your valuable time.

Sincerely,
Chittesh Sham

[1]
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/16/mauritius-plans-create-ethereum-island/
[2]
https://www.coindesk.com/mauritius-the-tropical-paradise-looking-to-become-a-blockchain-hub/

p.s I have taken the liberty to cc the Mauritius Internet Users listing, as
we are a forum dedicated in discussing new and existing technologies in our
local island.

--
 <http://www.uom.ac.mu/prospectivestudents>