Re: Should we consider fingerprint minutiae as biometric data?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:19:01 -0700

Hi Ish,

I did some research. Some of it is related to the topic. I am not
including the URL in this message as I doubt that anyone in Mauritius
would be interested in the topic.

I read
https://hacklog.mu/offences-under-the-mauritius-national-identity-card-act/
You said that people are fearful of paying a fine and
imprisonment. In my opinion, it is more about whether it is worth
getting into trouble because of the ID card. You also mentioned that
much of the fear is fueled by newspapers. It is possible to find
other sources of information nowadays. It is strange that there
isn't much local information on the web about the topic even though
people have discussed about it when they meet in person.