Re: Women in Technology Event in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 10:12:46 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:46 30-09-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I would like to have your opinion about the 'Women in Tech' topic
>and it would be great if you could share your expectations about the
>topic if you had to attend such event. Is there any specific thing
>you would like me to discuss about?

If I attended such an event, I would expect to listen to women
discussing about the topic to understand the issues.

I would like to see some local statistics about the topic. There are
currently 35 subscribers; 11% of the subscribers are female. The
gender ratio for participation is approximately 4:1.

What is it like for a woman participating in a tech group in
Mauritius? Are there any problems which a woman would encounter and
a man would not encounter?