RE: CERT-MU home constituency

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 00:36:42 -0700

Dear Mr Sookun,

I reported an incident to incident_at_cert.ncb.mu on 22 July. I also
sent an email to info_at_activeline.mu about the incident. I sent
another email to activeline_at_harelmallac.com on 28 July as the email
to info_at_activeline.mu returned a delivery failure.

I visited the web site a few minutes ago and found out that the
incident has not been resolved. I called CERT-MU to ask whether it
received my report. I waited 20 minutes so that CERT-MU and called
again to find out about the status of the report. The response I
received was that it is up to the owner to report the incident. I
was also told that I should provide details such as my NIC number as
it is required for reporting an incident. I asked the person from
CERT-MU for his name and the response was that there is a policy at
CERT-MU which forbids the person from disclosing his identity.

A web search might show that I have interacted with at least one
"CERT" in another country. The experience with CERT-MU is far from
engaging. It is surprising that there is a policy which prevents a
person from knowing to whom he/she is talking to. After such an
experience, could it be said that CERT-MU is interested in receiving
incident reports from a home constituency?