IPv4 addresses

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 07:38:40 -0700

Hi Logan,

I read the article in "Le Mauricien" about IPv4 addresses. The
article does not mention your employer. :-) There was a discussion
[1] about IPv4 addresses recently.

You mentioned that: "In order for Mauritius to capture the IOT
market, we need a solid plan to grow our IPv4 resource usage to make
room for those millions of IOT devices". I watched people giving
presentations about the Internet of Things locally. I was surprised
that nobody mentioned that there isn't that many IPv4 addresses available.

Who is going to work on the plan? Will it be local companies or
universities which are interested in the Internet of Things, or will
it be the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation?

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005563.html