Re: FW: Complaint: Illimited access to internet.

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 21:10:18 +0400

On 05/02/2016 08:57 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Thank you. I am looking forward to read the advice of the ICT Advisory
> Council on this question.

Alas, I do not believe the ICT Advisory Council will publish any advice
for the general public or consumer-specific. It has not been the culture
to be transparent, it has not been the culture to help citizens if it is
not strictly and specifically written in the law. The ICT Advisory
Council has been set up to advise the minister and not to advise public,
such were the words that echoed from the ministry. As agreed in previous
meetings though, I am allowed to report to consumers requesting
information after a decision has been taken by the council; though
decisions of the council do not hold much value in general, as they're
mere suggestions to be later considered or rejected by the minister.

I am hoping that things will change gradually. I am an optimistic
person, people usually say.

The National Computer Board has been set up for the development and
promotion of ICT in Mauritius. However, I am not sure the NCB could be
of any help in demystifying the "unlimited" internet in Mauritius.

Cheers,