RE: Internet Connection Speed

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:53:43 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 01:31 13-04-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I want to know the maximum speed between me and Mauritius Telecom.
>Yesterday my connection at work dropped from 512Mbps to 256 Mbps. I
>would like to know if I can see the Mbps Mauritius Telecom is
>providing me next time I encounter such bad Internet connection.

That would be the sync speed between your "modem" and Mauritius
Telecom. You can find the information by logging into your "modem"
and looking under "WAN".

In the above example, the customer is paying for a 512 Kbps
connection while the maximum download speed would be half of that
because of the sync speed.