Re: Query on tariffs

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:42:58 -0700

Dear Mrs Vayapooree,

Thank you for the reply to the email which I sent on 17 March.

I did a quick search to find out what regulators in other countries
were doing and I found the following for Nepal and Samoa:

http://www.nta.gov.np/en/2013-05-12-11-13-47/nepal-telecom/data-tariff
http://www.regulator.gov.ws/files/documents/Order-2012-02.pdf

A person purchasing internet service for personal use can find out
the date a tariff for internet service takes effect and the price of
the service. A person in Mauritius purchasing internet service for
personal use would have to go to the seat of the ICT Authority to get
access to that type of information about internet services. There is
an alternative; the person can visit the sales office of the internet
service providers and wait in line to get the price list for internet services.

A few months ago, I visited the sales office of two companies
providing internet service. I did not notice "the tariff or
alteration applicable for every information and communication
service". Does the ICT Authority visit the sales offices of the
companies which have an internet service license to see whether
Section 31 (4) of the ICT Act (as amended) is being complied with?

I suggest that the ICT Authority publishes on its web site the
tariffs for residential clients which it has approved as it is a
cost-effective way to make that information accessible to residential clients.