ISP Mauritius, Complaint: Slow internet connection

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 20:52:36 +0400

Dear Sir/Madam,

My family is a customer of Orange/Mauritius Telecom and we have a My.T
1Mbps internet package. Since the past few days the internet connection
has slowed down, as experienced through usual activities, and I emailed
Orange about it on 6 March 2016 at 18h10. I received the following reply
instantly:

        We acknowledge receipt of your email.
        We will take note of the contents therein and will be reverting to you
at the earliest.
        Thanking you.

However, Orange hasn't reverted back yet.

I am at the moment, Thursday 10 March 2016 20h40, the only user on the
1Mb internet connection. Without getting into technicalities I would say
I cannot stream videos on Netflix at all. Is the My.T 1Mbps internet
package not suitable for video streaming on Netflix?

I read it is the ICT Authority's [1] responsibility to establish Quality
of Service for internet. I would like to have the advice of the
authority on how should I measure the quality of my internet and report
the same to the ICT Authority?

Thanking you in anticipation.

[1] https://www.icta.mu/it/qos.htm

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.