Re: SEO / SEM

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 13:24:05 -0800

Hi Nadim,
At 12:31 01-03-2016, Nadim Bundhoo wrote:
>Do we have firms here in Mauritius which provide real SEO / SEM
>services? For example there are many companies which provide online
>email marketing services. But do they provide real statistics about
>a campaign (emails sent, emails bounced - soft and hard, emails
>opened, etc) or they just charge the client a fee to shoot emails to
>X email addresses. Do these companies also put tracking in the
>emails so that the client have an idea about any conversion, etc? Do
>these companies even advise their clients about these possibilities?

I ran a few tests today by using a location in the United States and
a location in Mauritius. I got relevant search results for the
United States. I did not get any search results for some tests for a
location in Mauritius. I also took a look at the web traffic
statistics for a few local web sites. The numbers do not show that
Search Engine Optimization, as advertised in Mauritius, is effective.

I did a search and I got a local email marketing advertisement at the
top of the second page of the search results. The company is listed
on the third page of the search results. I doubt that a good email
marketing service would be send bulk mail about retirement homes to a
young person. :-) In my opinion, the (local) email marketing
messages which I receive is spam. I don't know whether the companies
doing that advise their clients of the possibilities.