Re: Download from Soundcloud

From: Yusuf Satar <fx_at_fluxy.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 23:15:43 +0400

Hello,
I suggest you read the terms of use of SoundCloud [1].

I think you are not allowed to download or rip content from the site
(using tools like clipconverter.cc or otherwise). Should any element be
available for legal download, it should be through a means SoundCloud
has made available (e.g. a download button on their platform).

I am not a lawyer, but I draw such conclusions from the following
excerpts from the terms of use of SoundCloud [1].

# Your Use of the Platform
The above licences are conditional upon your strict compliance with
these Terms of Use and our Community Guidelines, including, without
limitation, the following:
(i) You must not copy, rip or capture, or attempt to copy, rip or
capture, any audio Content from the Platform or any part of the
Platform, other than by means of download in circumstances where the
relevant Uploader has elected to permit downloads of the relevant item
of Content.

# Grant of Licence
Any Content other than Your Content is the property of the relevant
Uploader, and is or may be subject to copyright, trademark rights or
other intellectual property or proprietary rights. Such Content may not
be downloaded, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, re-uploaded,
republished, displayed, sold, licensed, made available or otherwise
communicated to the public or exploited for any purposes except via the
features of the Platform from time to time and within the parameters set
by the Uploader on the Platform or with the express written consent of
the Uploader. Where you repost another user’s Content, or include
another user’s Content in a set, you acquire no ownership rights
whatsoever in that Content. Subject to the rights expressly granted in
this section, all rights in Content are reserved to the relevant Uploader.

[1] https://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use

Regards,

❱ Muhammad Yusuf ABDOOL SATAR
– ❝Vitae Non Scholae Discendum❞