Control and regulate "harmful" content on the Internet

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:40:51 +0000

Dear Mr Trilok, officer in charge of ICTA,

[I have cc'ed 2 local newspapers, and also one international newspaper in
the UK (The register), and lastly the Local Internet community mailing list]

I have just finished listening to a podcast where you name was mentioned:

https://soundcloud.com/radioplus-3/commission-denquete-sur-la-drogue-licta-veut-mieux-superviser-les-activites-illegales-sur

Is the committee of ethics (which shall define harmful content on the
internet) minutes of meeting made public for transparency reason ? You
might use the argument: "If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing
to fear from ICTA". That's like saying, "If you have nothing to say, then
you don't need freedom of speech".

There is a blacklist of websites that ICTA is already working on. How can
we be 100% sure that you have not blocked legitimate websites through that
blacklist ? Were you actively involved in blocking facebook back in 2012 ?
Was facebook part of that blacklist at that time in 2012 ? Did you
authorise this ? How can we be sure that you will not tag facebook as
"harmful" tomorrow ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Facebook#Mauritius

Isn't ICTA violating the constitution of Mauritius by working on a scheme
to deprive the right of an individual to protect the privacy of his home
(the Internet Traffic coming from/to his home) ?:

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_protect/---protrav/---ilo_aids/documents/legaldocument/wcms_126778.pdf

*(c) the right of the individual to protection for the privacy of his home
and other property and fromdeprivation of property without compensation,
and the provisions of this chapter shall have effectfor the purpose of
affording protection to those rights and freedoms subject to such
limitations ofthat protection as are contained in those provisions, being
limitations designed to ensure that theenjoyment of those rights and
freedoms by any individual does not prejudice the rights andfreedoms of
others or the public interest*

Eagerly waiting for your reply,
Loganaden Velvindron