Participation

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:01:24 -0800

Hi Elizabeth,

Here are some statistics. There are 52 subscribers on the mailing
list. The participation rate was around 37% in October. The rate
which I gave to officials of the World Bank was 10%. The lowest rate
would be around 5%.

After our conversation I took a look at the mailing list
archive. There has been regular participation by a few subscribers
over the past year. The group is not sustainable; it will likely
become dormant if a few subscribers leave. Some persons are members
of several local groups. There is some competition between the local
technology-related groups.

Some of the issues which affected this group are: conflict of
interest, self-promotion, and "learning by observing". Information
about the first two issues has been made available in case other
groups on the island might find it useful. The third issue was
addressed previously by resetting the mailing list.