RE: Government: Social media presence

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:03:21 +0400

Hello Ish,

There are a lot of Facebook Pages that I usually call 'Government and Ministries ads' like MBC was not enough to pollute citizens leisure time and space. I agree with Sun, it is difficult to confirm that all the Facebook pages and accounts are real or not. Coming back to your question,

>Unfortunately, in Mauritius, Government's social media interaction is nonexistent. Should it change in 2016?

Unfortunately, it seems like the politicians are omnipresent on social networks. They just want to share updates and pictures and motivational speeches but they fail to interact with citizens. Do you really expect Ministries to interact with citizens on Facebook on Instant Messaging and comment on Facebook posts? I think that the easiest way to respond to queries would be by emails which some of the Ministries still have great problem dealing with.

On a positive note, since our Ministries have a culture of 'inspiring themselves from what other countries are doing, we can hope that the Government of Mauritius will soon adopt a social media culture.

Kind regards,
Shelly