Re: Emtel WiFi Internet

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:38:02 +0400

Hi SM,

On 01/14/2016 06:49 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Did you receive an answer to the above?

Yes. I was told the following:

        "As mention on our website, the router has a speed up to 21.6Mbps,
which provide you with a super-fast internet experience via WIFI. You
can connect up to 32 devices (PC, laptop, tablet, mobile...), at the
same time, through the router WiFi and you can also connect devices
through the router 4 LAN ports.

        The Emtel Wifi Internet and the desk phone is NOW at promotional price
of Rs999 (Incl. VAT) and I am pleased to provide you with the below
details on the Emtel WIFI internet:

        •The Emtel Wifi Internet comprises of a router and a desk phone
        •The Emtel Wifi Internet contains a SIM card, which is locked to the
router.
        •The SIM card allows you to do mainly Data browsing using 3G/HSPA+ networks
        •A desk phone can be connected to the RJ11 port to make/receive calls
using the same SIM card
        •SMS can be done through the router interface.
        •No wired connection is required.
        •International roaming service is barred.
        •The service is offered on both prepaid and postpaid services"

That did not answer what speed I can expect with the "Emtel WiFi
Internet" package. So, I replied and asked whether "the regions of
Providence, St. Pierre, Baie du Tombeau, Riche-Terre & Bagatelle can get
speeds of 21.6 Mbps? If not, what is the average internet speed in those
regions?"

I was then told;

        "Unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything on the speed in every
region, as there are many factors, which can affect network for example
cyclonic season, heavy rainfall, windy season and unusual interference
of wall etc. In addition, we have chosen not to put a numerical figure
against the upload/download speed."

At this point, I do not want to ask anything further because I would be
just wasting my time to get a simple information. Emtel cannot help me
to know what internet speed I can get in Providence.

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.