Re: Commercialization of the internet

From: Ajay R Ramjatan <ajay.ramjatan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:37:25 +0400

As far as I recall, I got my internet connection from Telecom Plus some
time around 1996 when it was experimental. Internet access itself was free
and you just paid for the local phonecall to the Internet gateway. There
was a standard telco/telco login and password combo that everyone used. But
prior to this, the EPZDA had a private link to Compuserve and could hook
you up to its service but the cost was about Rs 4/minute if my memory
serves well.