Mauritius Telecom using speedtest to test download speed

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 01:01:42 -0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I sent an email to the Customer Relations Unit on 18 December,
2015. I unfortunately did not receive any reply to my email. This
email is copied to the three three members of the ICT Advisory
Council who represent consumers during the meetings of the ICT
Advisory Council so that they are aware of the difficulties faced by
internet users.

Could I be provided with a technical explanation about why Mauritius
Telecom considers speedtest [1] as the best way to test the download
speed of the internet connection provided to a consumer?

1. http://www.speedtest.net