RE: Netflix available in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 12:32:56 -0800

Hi Shelly,
At 10:39 09-01-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Somebody suggested that I could use
><https://www.smartflix.io/>https://www.smartflix.io/ since I found
>the movies and TV shows range quite limited.
>Is anybody using it? Any feedback?
>
>I also wanted to know if smarflix is legal and I ended up on

There are geographical restrictions on most TV episodes or
movies. You won't have access to the same content as a person in
another country. Some providers, e.g. the one you found, offer a
service to get around the geographic restrictions. The provider is
in Hong Kong [1]. It's unclear whether it is legal. Netflix is aware
that there are millions [2] of users accessing its service through
those providers.

1.
http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/1899654/netflix-challenge-hong-kongs-broadcasters-and-regulators
2.