Re: Netflix available in Mauritius

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 11:32:07 +0400

Hello,

This is great news. But is it really?

Two features of interest come to mind with this announcement :

1. Internet Speeds in Mauritius
2. Download capping in Mauritius imposed by ISPs

*Internet Speeds in Mauritius*

Many users still do not have a fibre connection, myself for example. I am
stuck with a 512k internet connection. It would be interesting to know what
is the minimum requirement to stream on Netflix from Mauritius. I will test
that today.

*Download capping in Mauritius imposed by ISPs*

For the lucky ones whose geographical location grant them access to Myt
LaFibre, we should not forget that there are very strict capping. Around
75GB for 10mbps I believe. Usage of streaming services such as Netflix will
hit their download limit very hard I believe (it is mostly video content
after all). I wonder if these users will still be able to enjoy streaming
for more than a few days even if they have access to fibre connections?

Regards,

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer**Website :*
barfii.net <http://www.barfii.net>