Re: subscribe

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 23:45:05 +0400

Hi Moz,

On 01/04/2016 11:18 PM, Mozammil Khodabacchas wrote:

> Briefly, I am a full-stack web developer in Abu Dhabi, but has since a couple of months started to only ‘manage' a team of web developers. My main area of focus is obviously web development, particularly the front-end.
>
> Regarding your question, of course a better internet connection could only be beneficial to the local community. There’s no doubt about that. The main reason I asked to join the group is because of #StartupMauritius which was unfortunately largely talked about only in this mailing list. This is something that I would have been interested in and contributed to, on a daily basis, having been involved with several startups before.

Thanks for the brief intro. You did not mention your agency's name
though. For transparency sake & to avoid conflict of interest we
disclose for whom we work. Mauritius Internet Users does not operate
like usual forums but we rather address matters, in some cases, directly
with Government officials. It puts us in an awkward position if we do
not know our subscribers.

If you browse the mailing list archive [1], you will notice that on
several occasions members wrote a disclosure regarding their affiliations.

(P.S: Folks, I know Moz personally but I believe that many on this list
do not)

[1] http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users

Cheers,

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers