Re: Startup scene in Mauritius

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 22:46:26 +0400

Hello SM,

This seems like a very good initiative. I will rather comment and ask some
questions about organisation of the event to ensure a smooth running of the
latter.

1. I would like to know about the topics that will be discussed. Have they
been finalized yet? I suggest that these be decided before the event so
that each panel member can prepare accordingly. This will also help avoid
discussions getting out of subject.

2. I assume there will be a host conducting the panel discussion. Has the
host's identity been disclosed already?

3. Will this event be streamed online? Or will it be available for viewing
later online?

4. It is important to define the term "Startup". For example, Vincent
Pollet mentioned "deals.mu", which is backed by ABZ Group. Can such a
company be considered a Startup?

5. There are Startups, and there are companies that adopt a "Startup
Culture" within a department, which brings the "feel" of startups, without
most of the risks. Can I suggest this as a topic of discussion?

Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer*