RE: [unsubscribe & resubscribe] my email address

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 15:57:11 -0800

Hi Logan,
At 10:53 18-12-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I believe that I asked you a legitimate question, and yet you are unable
>to give me a straight answer.

Ok. :-)

At 10:59 18-12-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>Dear SM, As you have seen in the previous mail, the mailing list "manager"
>used the word unethical.

I read that message.

>I asked for more clarifications, and she was unable to provide any
>satisfactory explanation. I therefore kindly request that as the

Did you mean as a person who replies to questions asked on the
mailing list? :-)

At 13:16 18-12-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I am writing to you, as I feel that there is an underlying message that I
>am involved in unethical things.
>
>If the name of my domain is causing any problem, I refer you to:
>
>rfc1392:

I don't recall reading that RFC.

The message was about not involving the group in anything
unethical. In my opinion, it is okay to ask a question if a person
does not understand what might be unethical. I'll use "hacklog.mu"
as an example. I would not consider it as okay to allow a person to
send messages from that domain name and not allow you to send
messages from the new domain.

You may have noticed some messages from "hacklog.mu" to the mailing
list. There isn't any subscriber from "hacklog.mu" though. You may
also noticed that the person is subscribed to the mailing list from a
business email address.

Is the name of the new domain a problem? It is better to leave it to
the subscribers to express an opinion about that. The new email
address is temporarily unsubscribed until that question is answered. :-)

At 14:12 18-12-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>Can we expect corrective measures so that this does not happen again ?

I'll ask about this during Tuesday's call.