Re: Closing up the internet

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:16:50 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 08:56 08-12-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>While this group is not involved into politics, be it in Mauritius
>or elsewhere, some humour derived out of political campaigns can be
>fun. Like today I read [1] that someone wants to "close up" the
>internet and might even speak with Bill Gates. Now, that makes me
>wonder once more, people really think that the internet is a Microsoft product.

I'll comment within a local context. I have seen calls to "close up"
the internet when there is a social problem. Some persons might
believe that it is not possible to do "close up" the internet. I'll
remind you that there is already a National Internet Filtering System.

Please see
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/thepiratebay-org-suspended.png Could the
same thing happen to govmu.org?