Re: HTTP Error when uploading media on Wordpress

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 23:02:29 +0400

Hi Nadim, Shelly,

When installing php5-fpm on openSUSE (used as a server) I realize that
the default setup does not create a php.ini config file. There is the
php-fpm.conf which I usually tinker with. Therefore, in the absence of a
php.ini config, PHP loads default values. I created a php.ini with some
decent values and Shelly's 'upload' issue was fixed.

For techies here are the directives:

post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 10M

The default value is 2M. To avoid the "HTTP Error" we need to inform
Nginx not to scream at big uploads, therefore the 'http' context requires:

client_max_body_size 10m;

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers
for lexpress.mu.