Re: JCI Mauritius Creative Young Entrepreneur Award 2015

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:46:19 +0400

Hello Shelly & Ish.

On 12/6/2015 8:57 PM, Ish Sookun wrote:
> Hi Nirvan,
>
> On 12/06/2015 08:42 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>>
>> I was on Facebook and found this post:
>> https://www.facebook.com/JCIMauritiusCYEA2015/
>>
>> I would like to congratulate you for the Most Entrepreneurial
>> Attitude Award.
>> I know you are a hard worker and it feels great to see that your
>> passion,talent and work has been recognized.
>> I wish you all the best Nirvan!

Thanks a lot Shelly for the congratulations & recognizing my efforts!

> Congratulations on the achievement :)

Thanks Ish! I appreciate :)

> Could you provide more information on this competition?

First and foremost, JCI, the Junior Chamber International, a non-profit
organisation of young active citizens/entrepreneurs aged between 18 to
40 around the world who are dedicated to creating positive change in
their communities. It's a very old organisation, dating back to 1915
which managed to survive world war 1 and 2. More or less, I would term
it as a network young creative people. JCI has a branch in Mauritius,
known as JCI Mauritius & Curepipe.

Secondly, The Creative Young Entrepreneur Award (CYEA), a Mauritian
based award, is a sort of award that recognises honours and celebrates
exceptional young entrepreneurs who have started a business using
creativity or have improved an existing business through innovative
problem solving while adhering to the principles of Corporate Social
Responsibility (CSR). [1]

+ What were the projects(applications/businesses) submitted about?

As said, it's more about businesses in Mauritius which have been
successful in what they are doing. I would say the competition was about
benchmarking us, entrepreneurs and small businesses who really deserves
an award for his/her achievements/investments/creative ideas because for
years I haven't yet seen the Government doing something like this. I
have heard about "CEO of the year, company of year, bank of the year",
but no attention was given to small people who are really striving.

The guy who won the first prize really deserved it, as far as I know he
invested Rs 2 M of his own money into PV array and photo-voltaic stuff.

I started while I was 16 years old back into 2010, with a zero (0)
capital and with just a single laptop.

To be able to participate, your business should meet a certain criteria
[2] (It's listed in the document) You have to answers numerous questions
based on your setting-up, how did you manage to overcome problems, your
work-flow, what is your strategy as an entrepreneur, time management,
the future of your company etc.

Moreover, documents about the company was to be submitted as proof,
example: Income statement, Certificate of incorporation.

At last, based on all those questions answered (which are super really
long and had to be genuine), there is a panel of juries who are going to
assess you.

+ Did anyone presented something internet-related?

Yes, there was 1 person who had an online shop in Mauritius. [3]

--
Thanks again.
[1] http://cyea.jcimauritius.org/jci/