Anonymous vs Cloudflare

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:02:48 +0400

Hi folks,

I read
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/18/cloudflare_ceo_rubbishes_anonymous_claims_of_terrorist_support
and I agree to what the CEO of Cloudflare said in the interview. The
taking off of any content should be transparent, based on a complaint or
if it violates the Terms of Service (ToS). I haven't seen the pages
(mentioned by Anonymous) that were served through Cloudflare's network
whether they breach Section 11 and 14 of Cloudflare's ToS
(https://www.cloudflare.com/terms).

I would agree that a "takedown notice" is a more proper way in this
context and it would ensure who is taking responsility and assuring
investigation is further carried.

It reminds me of Section 18(m) of the ICT Act 2001 of Mauritius in which
the ICT Authority shall "take steps to regulate or curtail harmful and
illegal content on the Internet and other information and communication
services".

Though the word "harmful" is vague, the word "illegal" would encompass
anything that violates the laws of Mauritius. I would not see the ICT
Authority endorsing the acts of Anonymous as their techniques would be
deemed as illegal.

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu