Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 07:40:02 -0700

Hi Logan,

> So, I'm not happy to get 100 Mbit/s with a 600ms latency. What
> I want is
100Mbit/s with 100ms latency at most.

I will not be happy at all myself with such a latency.

The expectation of the Mauritian gaming community is really low when it
comes to latency. It is ready to settle for even a 100ms to Singapore
servers as long as there is consistency.

Getting 100ms to Europe servers will be fantastic. Many gamers in
Mauritius are fan of professional gamers who play mostly on Europe
servers. I, myself, am a big fan of a french Counter-Strike:Global
Offensive team. It will be awesome to be able to play with these
professional gamers with the proper latency. You can then test your
skills rather than testing your ability to survive in "lag".

Also there are several MMORPG games with servers "out-of-reach" of the
Mauritian community. Often, I find myself dropping an MMORPG game
because I got fed up of the constant latency issue.

Obviously then, Mauritian gamers have this feeling of being forced to
compete among themselves and it in the end, many stop to play games even
if they had a real shot at entering respected international e-sports
community like ESEA, ESL and so on.

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and