Re: ODRA Delivery Workshop

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 00:16:16 -0700

Dear Mr Hawabhay,

I am writing to you as representative of the Mauritius Internet Users
on Open Data. I would like to thank you for the invitation to attend
the ODRA Delivery Workshop.

I usually review the documents which will be discussed at
workshop. From previous discussions, I understood that it is up to
the Government of Mauritius to decide whether to release the Open
Data report submitted by the World Bank. Anat Lewin mentioned that a
summary of the report will be presented tomorrow. I'll point out the
following:

   (i) It is not possible to validate a draft report at a workshop if
        the participants are only shown a summary.

   (ii) It does not make sense to discuss about Open Data while arguing that
        it has to be confidential.

Could the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation please
provide us with a copy of the draft report?