Re: Website that allows users to watch movies online for free.

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:56:28 +0400

Hello Sun, Nadim,

On 10/19/2015 01:38 PM, Mohammad Nadim wrote:

> Are we breaking the laws when we watch videos from all these sources? I
> don't know. I don't know about any regulation preventing people from
> watching videos found on the net (pirated videos not not).

Section 46(i) of the ICT Act 2001 of Mauritius states the following as
an offence:

        Any person who dishonestly obtains or makes use of an information and
communication service, including telecommunication service with the
intent to avoid payment of any applicable fee or charge.

The current laws could be used if "someone" complains that the
accessibility of pirated movies is causing a fee avoidance. A legal
person might bring clarity to this though.