Re: Query: Mr Sookun ICT Observatory stats

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:39:30 +0400

Hi SM,

On 10/18/2015 03:32 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Wouldn't this operation without the (web) user's consent be considered
> as unauthorized interception of computer service? If that is the case,
> would the person at the ISP who caused the function or data to be
> intercepted be committing an offence?

Yes. I consider it a breach of privacy and in a reply [1] to the
Executive Director of the ICT Authority in May 2015 I explained my
concerns about filtering my web traffic without my consent.

I consequently contacted Orange to get an explanation on the same.
Unfortunately, when Orange replied back I was busy and I postponed the
meeting. I haven't confirmed a meeting date yet. I will update the ML
regarding with meeting/discussion with Orange.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/05/1602.html

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu